- 200 g of a sport weight or DK yarn (yardage approx. 150 yards or 137 m / 50 g) with sequins and/or pearls
- a crochet hook 5 mm (H) for provisional cast on
- waste yarn
- needles US 8 / 5 mm
- circular needles US 6 / 4 mm (length: approx. 80 cm)
- stitch marker
- cable needle
- tapestry needle to weave in ends
Gauge of my loop:
- 12 stitches = 4" in mesh pattern (slightly stretched)
- 21 stitches = 4" in cable pattern (slightly stretched)
- A gauge is not mandatory. The yardage will depend on your desired size for your loop and the weight of the yarn you use.
Measurements of my loops:
- Loop #1
circumference: ca. 90 cm
width: ca. 36,6 cm
- Loop #2
circumference: ca. 87 cm
width: ca. 15,5 cm
- The measurements depend on
yarn weight and needle size.
- st = stitch(es)
- k = knit the stitches
- p = purl the stitches
- yo = yarn over
- p2tog = purl 2 stitches together
- wyif = work yarn held in front
- wyib = work yarn held in back
- c4over4right = slip 4 stitches to cable needle, hold in back, k4, k4 from cable needle
- c4over4left = slip 4 stitches to cable needle, hold in front, k4, k4 from cable needle
- Note: The number of stitches is divisible by 2 (for the mesh pattern) + 6 stitches for the iCord-edge (3 stitches for each edge).
- Work a provisional cast on with crochet hook and waste yarn, making a crochet chain with at least 56 loops.
- With circular needles 5,0 mm and working yarn, pick up and knit 46 stitches in the bumps in the underside of the chain. Knit in rows.
- pattern row: slip 1 st wyif, p2, (yo, p2tog) x 20, k1, slip 1 st wyib, k1
- Repeat this pattern row until you get a length of approx. 90 cm or to desired length.
- Slip stitches on waste yarn and put work aside.
- With circular needle cast on 196 stitches. Knit in rounds.
- Round 1: (p2, k8, p2, k8, p8) x 7 - place marker; it shows the beginning of the round
- Rounds 2 - 8: repeat round 1
- Round 9: (p2, c4over4right, p2, c4over4left, p8) x 7
- Rounds 10 - 14: repeat round 1
- Round 15: repeat round 9
- Rounds 16 - 24: repeat round 1
- Repeat this pattern sequence (rows 1-24) one more time.
- Bind off all stitches loosely.
- Pass Loop #1 through the second loop, close Loop #1 to a ring and sew all stitches in kitchener stitch together.
- Weave in all loose end.
- Wash the loop and dry flat.
You can also find me on Ravelry as Wollbine11.
I appreciate your feedback!
This pattern may be used to make items for your own personal use, gifts or charitable donations.
You may not sell the items you made and you may not sell the pattern in any form.